Cancer Trainee Professional Enrichment Program (CT-PEP) - Summer Student Learning Series
Join other summer students to build research and professional skills and network with other students and experts in various cancer-related fields, associated services and programs.
This program aims to equip the future generation of cancer care professionals by providing students early in their careers with an intensive exposure to important topics in cancer care. Summer students in the cancer program have the opportunity to learn about and discuss diverse topics not typically covered in their placements.
The series includes:
- Access to the online learning platform Cancer Campus (this is used to register for seminars, participate on a discussion forum and access resources available within the series including the Careers in Oncology Nano Video Series)
- 10 interactive live seminars at the ELLICSR Centre (TGH) and 2 online sessions
- An invitation to present a Ted-Style Talk at the end of the summer and compete to win 1 of 2 Awards for Best Ted-Style Talk
- An invitation the series Celebration and Research day
The Summer Student Learning Series consists of 10 live sessions, plus an optional research presentation and a wrap-up networking mixer, offered in concert with supporting online learning opportunities. The majority of the learning content is accessible to the learner on Cancer Campus, with the scheduled sessions serving as the core means to explore the topic with a subject matter expert and peers within the cancer program community.
This set of sessions is a coordinated suite of offerings, with each session building upon and informing the next. The summer series is an approved longitudinal IPE learning activity, recognized as 2 Exposure Level activities, for the University of Toronto IPE program. For learners attending at least 8 of the 12 educational sessions over the course of the summer, a certificate of completion for the Summer Student Learning Series will be awarded.
All sessions will be held between 12:30pm and 1:30pm in ELLICSR CoP with the exceptions of June 28th (location: ELLICSR Kitchen) and August 21st (location: 7th floor atrium at Princess Margaret).
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN! Sessions start June 7, 2019.
- Go to: pmcancercampus.ca
- Click on Create new account and complete the form
- Wait for confirmation email and follow the instructions
- When prompted enter the enrollment key: SUMMER2019
For more information, please contact Eden Klein Eden.Klein@uhnresearch.ca
Friday, June 7, 2019 at 12:30 PM - 01:30 PM
Toronto General Hospital
Toronto General Hospital
Basement Level, Room B PMB 130
May 17, 2019 06:00 PM
Jun 05, 2019 12:00 AM
Elective - Exposure (more details)